One Direction star Zayn Malik cancels gig just hours before he’s due to take the stage and tells fans ‘it hurts me’

ZAYN Malik was forced to cancel a gig tonight just hours before he was due to take the stage.

The One Direction singer, 32, apologised to fans in Mexico City with a heartfelt statement and insisted he had no choice.

Zayn Malik at Off-White's Spring 2025 fashion show.

4

Zayn Malik has cancelled a gig in Mexico City at short noticeCredit: Getty
Zayn's announcement that he is canceling his Mexico City performance due to illness.

4

He apologised to fans and said he was ‘deeply hurt’
Zayn Malik singing into a microphone.

4

Zayn performed Night Changes this week for the first time since leaving One Direction in 2015Credit: Instagram

Writing on Instagram, he said: “‘I’m heartbroken to say that I won’t be able to perform tonight in Mexico City.

“I’ve been really sick since this morning and despite trying everything to push through, my body just isn’t allowing it. I’m so sorry to let you down.

“The love and energy I always feel from my fans means the world to me, and it hurts deeply to miss this moment with you. Thank you for your understanding, and please know I’m sending all my love to each of you x.”

Zayn is on the Central American leg of his Stairway to the Sky tour, which is in support of fourth studio album, Room Under the Stairs.

Just days ago, the singer performed One Direction song Night Changes for the first time since leaving the boyband.

The track was the last one he ever released with his bandmates Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne, who tragically died in October.

Taking to the stage in Mexico City’s Palacio De Los Deportes, fans Zayn sent the crowd wild as he broke into the famous track.

At one point Zayn pointed his microphone at the audience and let them sing.

After the moving performance, an emotional Zayn said: “It’s the first time I sang that song in 10 years.

“Thank you, that was f*****g amazing.

Zayn Malik pays poignant tribute to Liam Payne as he performs first gig since ex-One Direction bandmate’s tragic death

“I almost cried at one point. This is insane.”

NEW DIRECTION

The performance fell on the 10th anniversary of the day Zayn quit One Direction.

In a Facebook statement on March 25, 2015, he wrote: “My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined. But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band.

“I’d like to apologise to the fans if I’ve let anyone down, but I have to do what feels right in my heart. I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight.”

Zayn reunited with bandmates Harry, Louis, and Niall at Liam’s funeral last year.

LIAM TRIBUTE

Zayn kicked off his solo tour in front of thousands at the 02 Academy in Leeds in November.

Fans sobbed as a heartfelt tribute to Liam popped up on a large blue screen behind the former One Direction star.

The message, accompanied with a love heart, read: “Liam Payne 1993-2024. Love you bro”.

The tour was initially delayed after Liam’s sad death.

One Direction at a photocall for Capital FM's Help A Capital Child Appeal.

4

One Direction were put together by Simon Cowell in 2010Credit: PA

Source link

Related Posts

No Content Available