Nintendo pauses much-anticipated gadget due to Trump’s tariffs

Gamers will have to wait a bit longer for one of the most anticipated consoles of 2025. 

Nintendo just announced it is pausing the preorder of the Switch 2 in the US as it attempts to adjust to President Donald Trump’s tariffs. 

The company previously announced it would launch pre-orders on April 9. 

‘Pre-orders for Nintendo Switch 2 in the US will not start April 9, 2025 in order to assess the potential impact of tariffs and evolving market conditions,’ Nintendo told DailyMail.com

‘Nintendo will update timing at a later date. The launch date of June 5, 2025 is unchanged.’

The company says it will still offer the gaming system for $449.99. 

In order to keep the consoles at the same price, the company will have to eat millions of dollars in previously unknown costs.   

Switch consoles are mostly produced in Vietnam and China. Both countries were slapped with ‘reciprocal’ tariffs by the Trump administration. 

All products produced in Vietnam must pay a 46 percent tariff rate while products from China have to pay an additional 34 percent. 

Nintendo has delayed pre-orders of the Switch 2

Nintendo has delayed pre-orders of the Switch 2

The tariffs came in much higher than economists expected, sending the stock market into a tailspin on the uncertainty.  

All products produced in Vietnam must pay a 46 percent tariff rate while products from China have to pay an additional 34 percent. 

Nintendo revealed the redesigned console on Tuesday, the same day that President Trump held a massive press conference on the White House lawn to announce the higher-than-expected tariffs. 

The tech company is joining a list of brands adjusting to the President’s policy. 

The console is one of the most anticipated consoles expected to hit the market in 2025

The console is one of the most anticipated consoles expected to hit the market in 2025 

Nintendo said it is still hoping to launch the product at the same price and on the same day as originally announced

Nintendo said it is still hoping to launch the product at the same price and on the same day as originally announced

Multiple companies have been adjusting their product lineups in response to President Trump's tariffs

Multiple companies have been adjusting their product lineups in response to President Trump’s tariffs

Source link

Related Posts

No Content Available