Netflix star Manuel Masalva has been placed into an induced coma after contracting a bacterial infection.
The actor – who is known for his role in Narcos: Mexico – was on vacation when he became unwell and had to be hospitalized.
The 43-year-old remains in a serious condition and is currently undergoing intensive treatment on antibiotics.
Mario Morán, an actor who is friends with Manuel, confirmed the severity of his condition in a video shared on April 2.
In the TikTok (@mariomoran_), which was viewed 1.5 million times, he stated that Manuel was in an ‘induced coma.’
‘My brother is fighting for his life away from home,’ Mario said.
‘I want to ask for your support in this difficult moment.
‘He was the victim of a very aggressive bacterium while he was on vacation and this led him to be in an induced coma.’

Netflix star Manuel Masalva, 43, known for his role in Narcos: Mexico, fell ill and was left in a serious condition

It is not known exactly what type of infection Manuel contracted, but he recently posted from the Philippines
A GoFundMe page has since been set up for the actor.
The fundraiser, shared by Mario, has so far reached $50,415 and has exceeded its target of $50,000.
The money raised is set to go toward his treatment costs.
In a post on Instagram (@manuelmasalva) shared with his 160,000 followers two weeks ago, he revealed that he had been in the Philippines.
It is not known exactly what type of infection Manuel contracted, and how he became unwell with this.
On April 2, an update was shared on the GoFundMe page, and people who have supported the actor were thanked.
The update also mentioned that he was ‘still delicate’, and that his loved ones were ‘waiting for an improvement to begin.’
‘Thank you very much to all those who have donated so far; your generosity and support are fundamental in these difficult times for Manuel and his loved ones,’ it read.

Mario Morán, an actor who is friends with Manuel, confirmed the severity of his condition in a video shared on TikTok and started a GoFundMe for Manuel

The fundraiser, shared by Mario, has so far reached $50,415 and has exceeded its target of $50,000. The money raised is set to go toward his treatment costs
‘Manuel is still delicate, but the bacteria has already been detected, he is on antibiotics, and we are waiting for an improvement to begin.’
Since the fundraiser was created on the first of April, many of the Mexican star’s fans have taken to his pinned post on Instagram to send him well wishes.
Someone said: ‘My prayers for your health.’
Another added: ‘Get well soon, good Vibes.’
‘Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending the best vibes to you and your family,’ said a fan.
‘Manuel. Get well dear, we wait for you to come back,’ a person wrote.
‘Wish you to get well soon,’ someone said.