Body found in Bournemouth pond believed to be 55-year-old Richard Bentley missing since November as cops launch probe

A BODY found in a pond in Bournemouth is believed to be that of Richard Bentley, who has been missing since November.

Cops have now launched a probe into the 55-year-old’s death, which is being treated as “unexplained”.

Cops were alerted to the discovery of a body in the Littledown area of Bournemouth at 2.29pm on Monday afternoon.

A cordon is in place at the pond while investigations continue.

Detective Chief Inspector Neil Third, of Dorset Police, said: “Following the discovery of the body, we have launched an investigation to establish the full circumstances surrounding the death, which is currently being treated as unexplained.

“I am keen to speak to anyone who has seen any suspicious activity around the pond in recent months to please come forward.

“We have previously issued appeals in a bid to locate Richard Bentley, and would continue to urge anyone with information about his disappearance that may help our enquiries to please come forward.

“There will be an increased police presence in the area while we work to establish what has happened and we would encourage anyone with information or concerns to please speak with an officer.”

Richard’s daughter, Miranda, previously issued a heartfelt appeal after her dad went missing on November 12 last year – having last been seen in the Townsend area.

She told the Bournemouth Echo: “I would like to appeal to you to make contact with your family, who are all extremely worried for you. 

“We just want to make sure you are safe and well and would ask anyone who may have knowledge of Richard’s whereabouts to please contact the police.”

Anyone with information has been urged to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55240176625.

Close-up of a man's face.

1

A body found in a pond in Bournemouth is believed to be that of Richard Bentley

Source link

Related Posts

No Content Available